If you’ve been injured in a crash with a semi-truck and are looking for a truck accident attorney to represent you, you should contact a firm that understands the unique aspects of truck accident claims.
There are special regulations that govern truckers and the trucking industry. Truck crashes are often more serious than ordinary car accidents.
Here are the top five reasons to hire a truck accident lawyer to handle your claim.
- The trucking industry has special rules and regulations.Federal regulatory agencies and state agencies both have specific rules governing trucking companies and truck driver behavior. These rules cover all manner of subjects, from how long drivers can go between breaks to who can be held liable in the event of an accident.Knowing these rules and laws is essential if you want to put together the strongest claim possible against the truck driver, their employer, and anyone else who might be liable for damages. Not all accident attorneys are familiar with these complex regulations, however. But the truck accident attorneys at the law firm of Derek L. Hall, PC, are well-versed in all the relevant statutes surrounding truck accident claims, which means we’re best positioned to handle your claim.
- Multiple parties could be held liable.The most obvious parties who could be held liable for damages in a truck accident claim are the driver and the trucking company they work for, right? However, depending on the circumstances of your accident, there may be additional parties who are liable for your injuries. To make sure everyone who may be liable for your injuries is held accountable, you want a knowledgeable truck accident attorney who will thoroughly investigate your claim.In addition to the driver and the trucking company, other potentially liable parties may include the owner of the truck and trailer, the owner of the cargo, the shipping company, the truck maintenance company, an equipment manufacturer, among others.
- The insurance company might not offer you enough compensation.It’s important to remember that in a truck accident claim, the insurance company isn’t looking out for your best interest. They want to protect their bottom line and minimize any potential liability for the driver or the company they work for. To that end, they will likely do whatever they can to try and deflect liability to avoid paying you for the full extent of your losses.A truck accident attorney is essential if you want pursue the best settlement possible. An attorney can help demonstrate the full extent of your injuries and the resulting damages. This includes both economic damages (lost wages, medical bills, etc.) and non-economic damages (pain and suffering, mental anguish, etc.).
- You need the appropriate legal strategy.Just as car accidents are different from truck accidents, not all truck accidents are the same. There’s no one magic formula for proving a successful truck accident claim. It requires patience, the right legal skill set, and specialized knowledge.You want an attorney who will craft the right strategy for your specific claim, not one who will plug your case into a predetermined blueprint. That means hiring a truck accident lawyer who understands the nuances of these cases and is ready to put in the work to build the strongest possible claim on your behalf.
- An attorney can handle complex negotiations.Truck accident claims are a time-consuming, rigorous legal process. There are many legal issues to deal with, paperwork to be done, and lots of lawyers and insurance agents to talk to. If you’ve recently been involved in a truck accident, you’re likely not in any condition to handle these complex proceedings. You need to focus on healing and getting back to normal, as best you can.As you’re recovering, your truck accident attorney can handle all the necessary legal communication, gathering evidence, performing legal research, and negotiating a possible settlement, while preparing your case for trial (should that become necessary). They’ll keep you informed while you recuperate, and they can answer any questions you might have along the way.
Contact a Truck Accident Attorney for a Free Consultation
If you’ve been injured in a truck accident that wasn’t your fault, hiring an attorney should be one of your top priorities. The sooner you hire a truck accident lawyer, the sooner they can get to work on your case, and the sooner you could get the compensation you’re due.
We have more than 25 years of experience at the law firm of Derek L. Hall, PC, and we have a proven record of success in truck accident claims. We’re well-known throughout Mississippi for our straightforward approach and aggressive representation of our clients. We’re here to fight for your legal rights and help you get back on your feet.
To set up your free initial consultation, call us or visit our contact page.